Welcome to HK Technical Forum!
There's nothing sweeter than a fresh new discussion, ready to welcome you in the community. This HK Technical Forum has all the bits and pieces you need to build an awesome discussion platform customized to your needs. Put your thought in your manner.
Here are a few tips for you as the administrator:
- Use the Getting Started checklist in the Dashboard to get your site ready for visitors.
- Don't create too many categories. We recommend 3-8 to start with, keep it simple for your users!
- Announce a discussion (click the gear) to stick to the top of the list, and Close it to stop further comments. This is useful for posting the rules, or welcoming new members.
- Use Sink to take attention away from a discussion that might be getting out of hand. New comments will no longer bring it back to the top of the list.
- Bookmark a discussion (click the star) to get notifications for new comments. You can edit notification settings from your profile.
We've created a few sample discussions to help get you started. They contain some useful "Day 1" information and also show you how things might look once your forum has a bit of real activity. Feel free to keep, edit, or delete them as you see fit!
Now spread the word to get this place cooking. Cheers!